KYOCERA Has Acquired 100% Ownership of SENCO, a U.S.-based Manufacturer of Fastening Tools and Fasteners
Acquisition expands KYOCERA’s fastening tools business in residential, commercial, manufacturing and construction applications
August 8, 2017
Kyoto/London – Kyocera Corporation (President: Hideo Tanimoto) announced that it has acquired 100% ownership of fastener and tool manufacturer SENCO Holdings, Inc. (CEO: Benjamin Johansen), based in Cincinnati, Ohio, as of August 7. The enterprise has been renamed KYOCERA SENCO Industrial Tools, Inc.
SENCO, established in 1948, is a leader in creating fasteners and power fastening tools for residential, commercial, manufacturing and construction applications. SENCO is renowned for its excellent product quality and diverse line, which includes pneumatic and electric nailers, staplers, screw systems and compressors, as well as nails, staples, screws and specialty fasteners. SENCO’s manufacturing and marketing are concentrated in the U.S. and Europe, with products sold in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Kyocera entered the industrial tools market in the 1970s with a line of high-speed metal processing tools, and has steadily expanded into precision tools for electronics, aerospace, automotive, medical and woodworking applications. Kyocera’s 2011 acquisition of the Unimerco Group in Europe (now Kyocera Unimerco) added a fastening tool product line that promises excellent synergies with SENCO’s longstanding expertise in the fastening tools and fasteners market. With the acquisition of SENCO, Kyocera plans to increase its sales of fastening tools and fasteners to JPY40 billion (about 362 million USD) by the fiscal year ending March 31, 2021.
About SENCO Holdings, Inc.
|Company name||SENCO Holdings, Inc.|
|CEO||Benjamin C. Johansen|
|Global headquarters||Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.|
|Main business||Manufacture and sales of power fastening tools and fasteners|
|Employees||569 (as of March 31, 2017)|
- KYOCERA Has Acquired 100% Ownership of SENCO, a U.S.-based Manufacturer of Fastening Tools and Fasteners
- Green Curtains Combat Summer Heat
- KYOCERA Develops Industry’s First 3-Kilowatt Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell for Institutional Cogeneration
- KYOCERA Launches New Electronic Connectors that Feature One-Touch Locking for Automated Assembly Processes
- KYOCERA Introduces “Magic Drill DRV” for High-Speed, High-Efficiency Hole Drilling at Reduced Cost
- Inamori Foundation Announces Three Laureates of 2017 Kyoto Prize
- New KYOCERA Ceramic RFID Package With Embedded Antenna Increases Read Range up to 2X
- Toshiba Materials and Kyocera Agree to Collaborate on Development and Production of Nitride Ceramic Components
- Kyocera Announces Innovative Epoxy Molding Compound, High-Thermal-Conductive Silver Sintering Paste and Revolutionary TOROKERU Sheet
- Kyocera Display Europe Appoints Manfred Sauer President
- Kyocera, Gaia Power, Kyudenko and Tokyo Century Announce Groundbreaking of 92MW Solar Power Plant in Japan
- KYOCERA Develops World’s Smallest Crystal Unit for Smartphones, Wearables
- KYOCERA Launches Lowest Cost IoT Service in Japan in Partnership with SIGFOX
- ew KYOCERA a-Si Photoreceptor Drum for Document Equipment Improves Durability, Reduces Internal Friction by 30 Percent
- KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
Manager Corporate Communications